Face the majestical Old charm of the beautiful city!
For those who are looking to get a proper feel of history in Zurich, they must visit the ‘Old Town’. Aptly named, it is a very old part of Zurich and dates back to medieval times. By stepping into Old Town will make you feel like you were transported back in time. There you can visit Muhlesteg Footbridge, renowned for the love locks attached to it and have a lovely time. The oldest Parish church St. Peter is another piece of history and has the largest clock face in all of Europe. You can, to this day, see the original 9th-century foundation walls and marvel how it withstood the test of time. Close to old town is the Swiss National Museum. This cultural museum is frequented by everyone and; alongside is displayed the beautiful garden and chateau. Visiting Zurich without seeing the Swiss National Museum is absolutely unthinkable. The Museum of Art is another museum worth a visit. Along with its collection of Swiss artists, you can also find the work of noble names like Picasso, Kandinsky, Chagall and Monet, hanging in the museum.
- Take a boat
- You can also plan picnics on the island of Lutzelau and make a relaxing day out of it.
- Lindenhof is an elevated park with shady trees and ample benches for a lazy time
- The Botanical Garden of the University of Zurich can be an amazing place to visit
- The view from Uetliberg Mountain is the best in all of Zurich
- Hike to the Käferberg summit
Welcome in Zurich and Happy Traveling!
- No Kids
- No Disability
- Travelling enthusiast
- Travel Writer (Journalist)